Sunday, 10 March 2013

Problems in this week's Assignment and Tutorial Questions


     Problems in This Week's Assignment and Tutorial Questions
     We learned Big-oh problem in this week. It is a really hard topic to understand. I am still confusing about tutorial questions and some examples in class. For SLOG, we supposed to find questions and solve them, unfortunately, I think I found problems but cannot solve them.

     First of all, there are some proves in assignment 2, which my partner and me cannot solve them. I may use word ‘ explain’, instead of using word ‘ solve’. For example, question 2 in assignment two. We need to prove if for all nature number m and n, m < n, then there exist a nature number z, such that m < z < n. If we choose m = 1 < 2 = n, then the answer is obvious: there is no nature number between 1 and 2. The most important problem is how to prove there is no nature number. We came up with some ideas, but they do not work. We went to office hour, but we only asked question 6 in the assignment, because this the most confusing questions for us at that time and we thought that we can figure that out. Therefore, problems still there, and this makes me know that for later work, we need to ask early.

     Second, tutorial questions are hard for me to solve. Professor sent us this tutorial problems by email instead of post on website, that makes me find it and do it later than before. The problem is how to count while loop. After our TA explained to us, I was still confused. For while loop, we need to count “ i < len(L)” and “ j > 0 and L[1] < L[j - 1]”. But the solution that our TA gave us is using ‘ i’ to count. If using i then how about j? So counting loop is really hard for me to understand and deal with. Thus, I think that I need to do more questions and read course notes in order to learn how to solve this problem.

     In conclusion, questions are always there, if there is a question that I cannot solve then I need go to office hours and ask, then I could do well in final exam; if there is a question that I can solve by thinking deeply, then I need to remember that and learn how to solve. The only way to deal with problems is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment