My Way to Study Proves
This is the first week after reading week
that we start the second half of this semester, and we had been done chapter 3
in this week. Proof is a hard part for me to study CSC165. We had already
learned prove universally quantified and existential quantified, also we
learned few ways to solve those questions. Based on those solving-ways, I am
going to talk about my understanding about proof by practice and google search.
First of all, practice how to prove
statements by do some exercises and read course notes is really helpful for
students to learn the way to solve same kind of statements. There is a great
example, “ For all natural numbers n, if there is a natural number k such that
n = 3k + 1, then there is a natural number j such that n2 = 3j +
1”(the first question in Tutorial #5). During our lecture, professor had been
given us a same kind of problems, which has different numbers. In other words,
proof a statement by form “ if n = a number * k + a number then n2 =
a number * j + a number”, we did this kind of proof in class, in tutorial
questions and in this week’s quiz. Therefore, I had been done this question
four times. That makes me REALLY understand how to prove statement by this
form. This is how does practice works. I may cannot solve some proves but after
I do some similar proves then I know. Do more questions as practice is really
helpful for proves.
Second, google search is helpful for
understand a kind of questions when there is nobody can help me. Living out
side of campus makes me talk less with other students. Sometimes I spend a lot
of time and I cannot figure out how to solve a proof, for example the assignment
#2 question 5. Then I did some google search, and there are some similar
questions that some people asked before and others answered them. This gives me
idea how to solve one kind of problem. The most important point for solve proves
is understand the way to solve one kind of proves. It is true that we can get
wrong answers from google, but the aim is looking for the solving-way.
In conclusion, do questions and google some
proves are my way to study and they helped me a lot. I will keep this for the
rest semester, hard work, good mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment