Thursday, 7 February 2013

Review Questions and Get Ready for Test1

Review Questions and Get Ready for Test1
      Time gone by, the first test of CSC165 is coming, excited for it. Honestly, this week I am really busy, because I have four tests during this week. My review for the CSC165 test is kind of late, but I still reviewed some points which helps me for to get ready for test 1.
     First of all, I want to talk about some examples in the last few week's lecture. During the lecture time, I 'seems' understand all the examples. The reason of I use 'seems' is on class, I understand those examples and they are really make sense for me; but when I reread those notes today, I found there are some problems that I did not realize on the first time of study those materials. In other words, I found there are some misunderstanding for those in-class examples. For example, week two Monday's lecture note. In page 4, professor connected the employees question and the list of Python questions together, but I cannot remember how could those two related. The list question also shown in the past test, which professor posted on the course website. That means those examples are important, but I cannot remember anything about them. In addition, I found that with time gone by, some questions that I understand before make me confused. I thought that maybe I learned more then I improved my knowledge system, but with me thinking more, I am stuck. There is a great example, the Venn Diagram. On page 5 of the week two Monday's lecture note,  professor shows some Venn Diagram to verify and falsify statements. Before quiz one, I think those materials are easy, I know when need I put O, X or question mark. But when I reviewed today, I found there are lots of problems. For example, verify the universal claim. I do not understand that why the connected part of P and Q is occupied by a question mark. If there are some elements in P and there is nothing only belongs to P, then there must be something between P and Q. Question mark means there is something or it is empty. Is that means there is something? I asked myself, it does not make sense, if I assume there is nothing. I think I can assume there is nothing. Lately, I reread quiz and tutorial problems, then I realized that I do not need to think that much. If it shows there is something in the between, then well-done for this question. Thanks for I realized that tonight instead I lost in the test.
    Second, for the test, I took a look at the past test, questions are not really hard and we are allowed to use 'cheat sheet', this is the first time for me to use 'cheat sheet' in a test.
    All in all, Good luck for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment