Tuesday, 22 January 2013

How Did My Tutorial And Quiz #1 Go This Week?

How Did My Tutorial And Quiz #1 Go This Week?
    Same as last week, I am going to write about this week's tutorial and my first quiz for my this week's SLOG.
    First of all, this week's tutorial is helpful but the time is too limit. The tutorial is helpful because of it helped my to solve my problems, but the limited tutorial time makes my TA cannot finish all the tutorial questions. This week's tutorial problems are much harder than the first week's problems. In the first week's question, we are asked to draw diagram, but this week's questions are asking us to translate English sentence to symbols. I thought that those question should not to be hard to solve, but when I was doing those questions, I found some sentences are hard to translate.
    Question #1, e), for example, "Some courses have several prerequisites."  When I was doing this question, I cannot figure out that how can I just use x and y to show "several". The first idea come though my mind is use x1, x2, which make sense that some courses have several prerequisites. But in the question, there is only x and y, there no x1 or x2 or variables like those, so I am confused with how to show the statement in symbol. During the tutorial, my TA told us that it is possible to use more variables such x, y, z, because x and y in P(x, y) only means course x is course y 's prerequisite. The order does not matter, for example, P(y, x) means course y is course x 's prerequisite. That shows that we can use any variables for statements. Then tutorial problems can be solved by myself. I like the explanation, which really helped me to think about questions and make my trust my thought, and keep working on it.
     Quiz one, I did not get full mark, because my verify is not fully accepted by my TA. When I explained t1 only passed q1 and q3. That also means it fails q2, but my TA thinks that I need to add this sentence on. I do not understand why that I have to repeat my proof again, I was already explained. 
    All in all, from this week's tutorial, I learned a lot, such trust myself, and ask TA for help.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see the progress! Although we didn't get time to cover question 2 in the tutorial, you are always welcome to come see me at the end of class to go over any questions you might have. The help center is a great resource to use :) I'll definitely (briefly) go over q2 next tutorial!

    ReplyDelete